Letter from Essilor about new Physio launch
On January 9, 2006 you will be able to offer your customers Varilux Physio, an advanced lens which revolutionizes progressive lens technology. While Varilux Physio represents true innovation in both design and digital surfacing, it is the impact on the wearer's vision that is most dramatic. Varilux Physio provides unsurpassed sharpness in all fields of vision: near, intermediate and distance. Clinical tests show 2 out of 3 wearers prefer Varilux Physio over either Varilux Panamic or Varilux Comfort.
Essilor offers Varilux Physio in two ways:
- Varilux Physio with an advanced patented design and traditional surfacing.
- Varilux Physio 360 with an optimized back side through patented 360 digital surfacing.
These lenses are so accurate and advanced, they come with the most sophisticated anti-reflective, already built in – Crizal Alizé
with Clear Guard which redefines the anti-reflective category with advance system to help lenses stay cleaner longer.
At launch, Varilux Physio and Varilux Physio 360 are available in the following materials:
- Thin&Lite 1.67 (clear and Transitions V) with a power range of -12.00 to +9.00 and base curves of 1.75, 2.75, 3.75, 5.25, 6.50, and 8.00. The add power range is 0.75 to 3.50 & 4.00.
- Airwear, (clear and Transitions V) with a power range of -10.00 to +6.00 and base curves of 1.75, 3.00, 4.00, 5.50, and 7.25. The add power range is 0.75 to 3.50 & 4.00.
- Other materials will be introduced throughout the year, with Varilux Physio 1.5 clear and Transitions available by second quarter of 2006
- Note, the minimum fitting height requirement for Varilux Physio is 17mm.